Our Mission Statement
- To educate people about the proper humane care and treatment of companion animals.
- To encourage and promote pet adoption and population control.
- To prevent animal cruelty, suffering and neglect.
- To provide shelter for abused, neglected and homeless companion animals.
- To provide a responsive team of individuals who will serve the public in a prompt, courteous, and friendly manner every day.
The Scott and Cheryl Morris Animal Shelter is owned and operated by the The Kearney Area Animal Shelter and supported by donations and earned user fees. A small portion of our operating budget is provided by the City of Kearney and Buffalo County in exchange for housing animals picked up at large or held for court jurisdiction.